- CNBC, "Tesla's Sale of Environmental Credits Help Drive to Profitability," 7/23/2020.
- Tesmanian, "Tesla to Earn More Carbon Credit Revenue from Legacy Automakers Failing to Meet EU Carbon Standards," 9/14/2020.
- Bloomberg, "Tesla's Absurdity Amplifies the Tech Bubble Echoes," 1/10/2021.
- Wall Street Journal, "Markets Rally Highlights Bets on Recovery," 1/10/2021.
- Crypto Anonymous, "The Bit Short: Inside Crypto's Doomsday Machine," 1/16/2021.
- Jacobin, "The Dumb Money," 4/10/2018.
- Medium, "The Bitcoin Dream is Dead," 1/13/2021.
- New York Times, "Lost Passwords Lock Millionaires Out of Their Bitcoin Fortunes," 1/14/2021.
- John Griffin & Amin Shams, "Is Bitcoin Really Untethered?" The Journal of Finance, Vol. 75 Issue 4.
- New York Times, "Bitcoin's Price was Artificially Inflated, Fueling Skyrocketing Value, Researchers Say," 6/13/2018.
- World Economic Forum, "Cryptocurrency Mining Could Become the New Face of Energy Storage. Here's How." 9/16/2018.
More Reading (For Nerds)
- The New Yorker, "The Invention of Money," 7/29/2019.
- Peter Gowan discusses the postwar Bretton Woods system and its collapse.
- The Atlantic, "Have You Ever Tried to Sell a Diamond?" February 1982.
- Marx discusses the function of money and its history in Capital Vol 1 Ch 3.
- David Harvey's lecture on Capital and money.
- Lenin discusses the role of modern finance in imperialism and speculation in Imperialism, the Highest Stage of Capitalism Ch 2&3.
- An introduction to Seasteading.